Thursday 19 May 2011

Remote Working Now a ‘Business Imperative’

“I’m wearing pajamas. What is everyone else wearing?” That’s what James Sinclair asked during the first morning conference call after he officially shuttered his company’s physical office and transitioned to a remote work environment.

That was two years ago, and Sinclair and his employees at OnSite Consulting, a Los Angeles-based hospitality consulting firm, never looked back. Sinclair says remote working has led not only to significant cost savings but also increased productivity and customer and employee satisfaction.

Sinclair said he’s thrilled to see his staff thriving outside the office, which is how he’s always preferred to work. “I’ve never wanted four walls to constrict my ability or my productivity,” he said. “So I’ve always used technology to let me work wherever I am, whether that’s at home, in the office, on an airplane, or in L.A. traffic.”

Read More........
Remote Working Now a ‘Business Imperative’